During the month of February, challenge yourself to participate in MMC’s 28-day meditation program. It’s simple: Commit to meditating each day and connect online to share experiences – pleasant, difficult or otherwise. We will follow the meditation program outlined in Sharon Salzberg’s book, “Real Happiness.” This blog will be your guide, including links to helpful Web sites and guided meditations. Meditation can help with overall wellness, pain, stress, anxiety, sleep and concentration. This is your opportunity to start a new practice to enhance your wellbeing or to continue your practice in the company of your fellow Griffins.

Sign up with the form below and to the right and check back here often.


Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Letting Go.

How do you let go of the thoughts that pop up without judgment? This past week I find myself really struggling with this question.
During mediation the thoughts that come up seem to just float in from somewhere else, I don’t feel like I am really in charge of where they are coming from because I’m actively not thinking about anything other than my breathing.  I know that once I notice them I am supposed to acknowledge them and let them go but that is really difficult for me.  I am frustrated when something silly (like remembering that I wanted to Google something) pops into my head and pulls my concentration. It takes me a few minutes to get back into the swing of things and more it happens during one session the more frustrated I get.
I guess the challenge for this week to realize that while I’m not in control of what pops into my head I can control how I respond to it. 
I’ll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment