During the month of February, challenge yourself to participate in MMC’s 28-day meditation program. It’s simple: Commit to meditating each day and connect online to share experiences – pleasant, difficult or otherwise. We will follow the meditation program outlined in Sharon Salzberg’s book, “Real Happiness.” This blog will be your guide, including links to helpful Web sites and guided meditations. Meditation can help with overall wellness, pain, stress, anxiety, sleep and concentration. This is your opportunity to start a new practice to enhance your wellbeing or to continue your practice in the company of your fellow Griffins.

Sign up with the form below and to the right and check back here often.


Friday, February 28, 2014

28 Days Later

Going into this month I was more than a little skeptical that I would be able sit still long enough to even do meditation. The idea that I would find it useful and actually enjoy it would have been too much to even believe.

But I am glad to say I was wrong. I was able to meditate, even though it was tough to focus at the beginning, I got through it. I could sit still, I could focus, and I could breathe.  I was able to do so much more that I thought I could. 

It wasn't long into the month that I was beyond surprised to find that meditation was helping in a lot of ways.  I almost instantly started sleeping better, I found that when something unexpected came up I was better able to respond to it, and I slowly realized I was being less hard on myself. All great improvements!


I wouldn't have thought that spending 20 minutes a day on meditation would have made such changes. I am excited to continue my practice and see what else changes just by taking a little time to focus and breathe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment